Creating Me

Tuesday, May 10

Swatch


I hardly ever swatch, mostly because I usually knit on gauge and I want to get right to the project at hand. But since I have never used Turbos before I thought there was a chance that it would throw off my gauge...nope, perfect as usual.

I haven't been posting it but I have been doing a lot of sewing, too. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday and it's a dream. My old machine was a charity gift from my grandmother and it was a piece of shit (excuse my language, but it truly was). I have made two skirts for myself and a skirt for S (I didn't even have a pattern for that one I just made it up on the fly). Now I got this black and white fabric for 2 bucks a yard at Wal-Mart and this pants pattern. It should only take me a couple of hours to whip them up. And since I have a lunch date and a dinner date tomorrow I figured I would make them tonight.
posted by Jackie, 2:54 PM

1 Comments:

How did the pants turn out, the material looks really nice. It is good to see someone who knits and sews, it has got me thinking about getting the old machine out and making some things, only seem to mend things of late now the boys have grown up and I don't make them clothes.
commented by Blogger Annie, 5:07 PM  

Add a comment