Creating Me

Thursday, January 27

Secret Pal Survey

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)?
I personally prefer wool. I enjoy expensive brands but Lion Brand has some good stuff. I do not like acrylics at all.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yes, I spin and crochet. But I don't crochet that well. I'm a new spinner and I'm completely hooked on it.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I can't stand the smell of smoke- I have a super sniffer that can smell it a mile away.
Perfumes give me headaches.

4. How long have you been knitting?
About 4 years, I think.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
pomegranate, apple, vanilla, Sage

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Dark Chocolate- yummy yummy
And I like fruity candies- like jolly ranchers and laffy taffy


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like paper crafts like origami and bookmaking.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I?m not a big music person, I listen to NPR mostly.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love purples, greens and oranges (sometimes all together).

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two beautiful kids, boy- 4 and girl-6. I'm a stay-at-home mom. No pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Hmm... my life dream that's a hard one. I would like my family to stay just the way it is forever, my kids stay young, I stay at home and take care of them and my husband takes care of all of us. Or the kids could grow-up and me and my husband could travel. (I'm flexible)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Noro brand is my favorite, I think it's the colors more than anything.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not a big novelty yarn fan. I have never made anything with fun fur. I'm a very simple girl I like Brown Sheep Company yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I really just dabble in everything. I like complicated cables. Right now I am knitting a lot of socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, small, complicated projects. I'm not a good sweater knitter because I get bored before it's done.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Socks

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Been there, done that. I have knitted about 5 ponchos. But if I saw something new and interesting I would knit it.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo all the way, baby

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes

22. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself from a book. I'm very good at teaching myself to do things.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year. It's a sweater, I only have half of an arm left to finish it.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
My favorite animals are seahorses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and April Fool?s Day

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really, I like Asian and bohemian inspired things. I like little Buddha and Yogis.
posted by Jackie, 11:06 PM

1 Comments:

That was fun to read your survey. Its always surprising to see what we have in common with someone else and what is surprisingly different also.
commented by Blogger Maggie Ann, 10:05 PM  

Add a comment