Creating Me

Thursday, May 22

I bought the Martha Stewart Everyday Foods at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. I love it so much! All the recipes are easy and things actually want to make like: vegetable lasagna and spicy cornmeal-crusted catfish. But by far my favorite things are the carrot cupcakes.They are moist and full of flavor. Made with ingredients that I already have around the house. The kids love them, too. I hope this isn't against law but I'm going to put the recipe here so my friends and family can try it out.


Martha Stewart's Carrot Cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup veg. oil
2 Tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 salt
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp.flour
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine suger, veg.oil, orange juice, vanilla extract and eggs.
2. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and salt. Add flour; mix. Stir in carrots, walnuts, and coconut.
3. Line muffin tin with paper cups; distribute batter evenly.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack then frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with toasted shredded coconut.

Notes:
I shred my carrots in the blender since I don't have a food processor.
Personally I like them better without the walnuts.
To toast shredded coconut place on a baking sheet and toss with 1 or 2 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven
Stir often, until the coconut is dry and mostly toasted light brown with some white shreds, 10 to 15 minutes.
In the Microwave:
Cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds.

posted by Jackie, 8:15 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment