Saturday, May 31
1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
I think I'm still trying to figure that out.
2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
"Everyone must live their own life and find their own truth"
3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?
Continuing my fitness program.
4. What about the past ten years?
My marriage. So many people didn't think it would work and here we are 5 years later.
5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
Really live your life don't just watch it go by.
Thursday, May 29
Monday, May 26
Saturday, May 24
Friday, May 23
1. What brand of toothpaste do you use?
I love Tom's Natural. It isn't sweet and it makes your mouth feel really clean
2. What brand of toilet paper do you prefer?
I will use whatever. But lately I have been buying Cottenelle Ripples
3. What brand(s) of shoes do you wear?
I love my Birkies
I also love Ecco
4. What brand of soda do you drink?
Trudy got me hooked on Pepsi.
5. What brand of gum do you chew?
I love all the new intense mint gums like Icebreakers. Plus my kids hate them so they don't chew it up and leave it all over the house or in the cat's fur.
Thursday, May 22
I bought the Martha Stewart Everyday Foods at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. I love it so much! All the recipes are easy and things actually want to make like: vegetable lasagna and spicy cornmeal-crusted catfish. But by far my favorite things are the carrot cupcakes.They are moist and full of flavor. Made with ingredients that I already have around the house. The kids love them, too. I hope this isn't against law but I'm going to put the recipe here so my friends and family can try it out.
Martha Stewart's Carrot Cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup veg. oil
2 Tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp.flour
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine suger, veg.oil, orange juice, vanilla extract and eggs.
2. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and salt. Add flour; mix. Stir in carrots, walnuts, and coconut.
3. Line muffin tin with paper cups; distribute batter evenly.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack then frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with toasted shredded coconut.
I shred my carrots in the blender since I don't have a food processor.
Personally I like them better without the walnuts.
To toast shredded coconut place on a baking sheet and toss with 1 or 2 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven
Stir often, until the coconut is dry and mostly toasted light brown with some white shreds, 10 to 15 minutes.
In the Microwave:
Cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds.
Monday, May 19
Sunday, May 18
Saturday, May 17
I made a new project page about wrapping with tulle it's on the left so be sure to check it out.
Thursday, May 8
Check out these great zipper bags at blissen. So cool.
Tuesday, May 6
I'm really looking forward to the River Festival starting on Friday. They added a Mardi Gras Party this year and the Hershey's 53 Feet of Chocolate Tour will be there. Me and the kids are in the River Run, I'm doing the 2-mile and the kids have their own 40-yard run. I'm a little concerned about the parking situation since Riverside Park is closed everything is being held near Century II which could get uncomfortably crowded. But I have high hopes that it will be enjoyable for everyone.
Saturday, May 3
United States, Kansas, Wichita, English, Jackie, Female, 21-25, Creating new from old, All craft projects. :)